Madurai is an energetic, ancient city on the Vaigai River in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Its skyline is dominated by the 14 colorful gopurams (gateway towers) of Meenakshi Amman Temple. Covered in bright carvings of Hindu gods, the Dravidian-style temple is a major pilgrimage site. Millions attend the processions and ceremonies of April’s Chithirai Festival celebrating Meenakshi and Lord Vishnu.
Kerala, a state on India’s tropical Malabar Coast, has nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline. It’s known for its palm-lined beaches and backwaters, a network of canals. Inland are the Western Ghats, mountains whose slopes support tea, coffee and spice plantations as well as wildlife. National parks like Eravikulam and Periyar, plus Wayanad and other sanctuaries, are home to elephants, langur monkeys and tigers.
- Air Tickets
- Accommodation with breakfast and dinner.
- All transfer and local sightseeing by private vehicle.
- 01 Night stay in Madurai. (Sightseeing of Meenakshi Sundarreswarar Temple, Azhagar Kovil, Gandhi Museum.)
- 02 Night stay in Munnar (Sprawling Tea Gardens, Lush Hills, Picturesque Waterfalls visit include Pothamedu, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary)
- 01 Night stay in Alleppey spend the day exploring the beauty of the backwaters.